We pride ourselves on being almost an entirely volunteer-run charity, resulting in very low admin costs. Without the amazing contribution of our volunteers, we would not be able to operate – and we always need help! No matter how much time you give, every volunteer makes a huge difference to the work we can do.
Are you short on time but would like to help? We understand that life is often very busy and that you may only be able to spare a few hours here or there. Don’t worry though as there are still lots of things you can help us out with. For example, we always need volunteers to help at our events and if you only have a spare afternoon or evening in the year, you could help by:
- shaking a bucket at a collection point ( eg at the Hogs Back Brewery Hop Fest or the Fireworks Fiesta);
- selling raffle tickets at a beer festival;
- erecting and dismantling our gazebo,
No matter how little time you spare you will have helped us enormously. And it’s a great way to meet new people and make new friends.
We also have lots of other opportunities to help out and here are some of the things that you could be doing:
- Join our committee – we meet every other month, at the moment via Zoom meetings, but when life gets back to normal, at the Stokes Centre for Urology.
- Join our fundraising committee – help to organise fundraising events, attend events (sell raffle tickets, shake collection buckets), apply for grants, write to local sponsors
- Help with administrative tasks – these vary so please do enquire for more information
- Help raise awareness – man an information stand, carry out talks at local groups or events, distribute leaflets
You are more than welcome to come along to a committee meeting or meet up for a coffee and a chat before you commit.