The #TwoPointSixChallenge is your chance to be a Home Hero and raise funds from your very own living room, bedroom, balcony or garden!
We’re thrilled to be a part of the UK’s biggest Stay at Home fundraiser.
We’re inviting you, your family and friends to take part in The 2.6 Challenge from Sunday 26 April to help to save the UK’s charities. Chose an activity of your choice based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 and fundraise or donate to support the Prostate Project.
The options are endless and there are no rules – apart from the Government guidelines on social distancing and how to exercise safely during this time. The main thing is to get active, have fun, pledge whatever you can to help or fundraise to support us.
The Covid-19 pandemic has had a devastating effect on charities, with the cancellation of thousands of events and the loss of billions in fundraising income. In response, the organisers of the biggest mass-participation sports events across the country have come together to create a new campaign to raise vital funds to help to save the UK’s charities.
The 2.6 Challenge will launch on Sunday 26 April – what should have been the date of the 40th London Marathon, the world’s biggest one-day annual fundraising event.
How Can You Get Involved?
We’re asking you to take part in an activity of your choice based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 and fundraise or donate to support the Prostate Project. People of all ages are taking on The 2.6 Challenge with a host of activities:
- walking, running or cycling 2.6 miles
- baking 26 cupcakes
- juggling for 2.6 minutes
- holding online workouts with 26 friends
- taking your dog for a 26 minute walk
- walk up and down your stairs for 26 minutes
The ideas and options are endless!
Most people are taking part from Sunday 26 April but you can do your activity whenever is most convenient for you.
1. Dream up your 2.6 challenge – if you need help, there are lots of ideas here.
2.Donate £26 – or whatever you can afford – or set up a fundraising page. Remember to mention you’re taking part in the 2.6 Challenge!
3. Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you and challenge them to do their own 2.6 Challenge.
4. Complete your challenge.
5. Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with #TwoPointSixChallenge – don’t forget to tag us so we can see your pics!